Read this informative and revealing article, by Viviana at our Plymouth Access Center, about how she feels when she has seizures. Thank you so much, Viviana, for your forthcoming and informative story that brings to light what many wouldn’t consider when in the presence of a person having a seizure.
Click here to view South Yarmouth’s most recent edition of HAC Happenings!
- 911 Memorial Thank you Patty and Lisa for taking photos at your visit to the 911 Memorial!
- 911 Memorial Patty and Lisa from our Plymouth Access Center visited the 911 memorial last month.
- Dennis Waterfront Katrina, Stephanie, Kathy, Perry and Charlies took a trip to scenic Dennis waterfront and share their photos here!
- Dennis Waterfront trip
- Dennis Waterfront
Our South Yarmouth program has released their December newsletter! Please CLICK HERE to view!
The Mid-Cape and Islands Access Center October 2013 Newsletter is published!
Click Here to read it!
1. Clean and wipe down shared surfaces such as countertops, doorknobs, keyboards, and phones.
2. Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes and be sure to wash hands thoroughly and often.
3. Try to avoid people who are already sick and stay home if you become sick.
4. Get a flu shot, if possible. (It is most important for the very young and the very old)
5. Eat healthy foods to build up your immune system.
6. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
7. Get plenty of rest
8. Exercise moderately to maintain a healthy immune system.
Habilitation Assistance has attained Mass. Rehab. Commission’s top quality scores! Read about it in MRC’s Best Homecare Practices and see our agency highlighted in the newsletter!
- Speech! Speech!
- Pam and John with certificate
- John proudly displays his award!
Plymouth Access Center member, John Richardson, received the 2013 Self Advocacy Award from the State House of Representatives in March. The certificate commends him for “personal growth, accomplishments, self determination and contributions to the expression and exemplary demonstration of self advocacy”.
John was nominated by HAC Plymouth for his perseverance through life’s many challenges, successful adjustment to new lifestyles, completion of the “Healthy Lifestyles Train the Trainer” program, and his ongoing volunteer work in the community.